Easter is one of the most important festivals celebrated around the world. Many people come together to celebrate Easter and that too from different cultures and ethnicities. The children go out to search for eggs, make egg crafts, paper crafts, decoratives, etc. This festival is celebrated in the spring season which makes it a great time to be outdoors and enjoy. We wish all our readers a very Happy Easter.
We have come up with this interesting Easter paper craft for the kids. This pretty paper craft can be made easily at home with little supplies. Your kids will surely enjoy making these Easter paper crafts with you.
Learn to Make Easter Hatching Chick Paper Craft
You may like: 21 Simple Easter Craft Ideas for Kids
- Paper in different colors; white, yellow, red, orange, etc.
- Crafty scissors
- A pair of scissors
✨ Step 1: Making the base for the Chick Craft
- The first step is to make the base of this chick craft.
- The base starts from the egg making for the chick
- Take a white paper and draw a circle on it.
- Fold this circle in half diametrically.
✨ Step 2: Folding the circle piece
- Now we have a folded semi-circle.
- Now we will make this semi-circle look like a cracked egg from the top.
✨ Step 3: Making a zig-zag cut
- Use a pencil to draw a zig-zag pattern on the folded line.
- Do not draw the line till the edges
- We can either use a crafty scissor or a simple pair of scissors to cut this edge.
- In the end you will have a triangle craft cut at the diameter of this egg shape.
✨ Step 4: The base is ready
- Now our egg base ready.
- The chick is ready to pop out by cracking the egg.
- Now let us make the chick for the craft.
✨ Step 5: Adding the chick face
- Now we will be adding the chick head to this craft.
- Take a yellow colored paper.
- Now draw an oblique shape on it.
- Cut the shape out with a pair of scissors.
- This will be the chick head popping out of the broken egg.
✨ Step 6: Sticking the chick face
- Now take this yellow shape and pass it through the cut in the white circle.
- Stick this yellow shape inside the white half circle.
- Use glue to stick the chick face inside the egg.
- This makes it look like the chick is popping out from the broken egg.
✨ Step 7: Making the ears of the Chick craft
- Now the face of the chick is secure in place.
- Let us make the ears for the chick.
- Take a red colored paper.
- Fold it in half.
- Use a pencil to draw the half heart along the folded edge.
- Draw and cut out two hearts which are similar in size.
✨ Step 8: The other ear
- Now we have two heart shapes.
- Open the folds of the two heart shapes.
- Stick these two hearts shapes on the opposite edges of the head of the chick.
- Make sure the pointed edge is stuck inwards.
- The ears of the chick are in place now, so we will move to the next step.
✨ Step 9: Making the beak and eyes for the chick craft
- Now the ears and head of the chick are in place.
- We will now make the eyes and the beak of the bird.
- For the beak of the bird, draw a polygon in orange paper.
- Cut this polygon out. Fold the polygon in half.
- Stick one sided triangle in the middle of the chick face.
- For the eyes, take a white paper, draw two circles on the white paper. Cut these circles out.
- Stick these circles in the place of the eyes.
- The cornea of the eye has been made.
- For the pupils, take a black sheet, draw two small circles on the paper.
- Cut these two little circles out.
- Stick these smaller circles inside the larger white circles of the chick eyes.
- Your chick face is now complete.
✨ Step 10: The chick craft is ready
- Now we have to add a crown to the chick head.
- To make the crown, take a red colored sheet.
- Draw a crown on the red colored paper. Cut this crown out.
- Stick the red crown on top of the chick head.
- Your hatching chick craft for kids is ready.
- Now you can use it to beautify your home or add it to card fronts, or even use it for decoration purpose.
We hope you and your kids enjoyed making these fun Easter Hatching Chick paper craft. This Easter craft can be used to decorate the home on the eve of Easter. You can check out other articles on Easter decoration on K4 Craft. We would love to hear from you. You can leave your feedback and opinion in the comments section given below. We will come up with such interesting content soon. Until then keep smiling and creating with K4 Craft.
You’ll also like:
- Mother’s Day Paper Plate Puppet Craft For Kids
- Paper Bear Card Craft for Kids – Step by Step Tutorial
- DIY Pig Craft Ideas & School Projects for Kids
- Paper Caterpillar Craft for Kids – Step by Step Tutorial
- Paper Bee Craft for Kids – Step by Step Tutorial