Mother and child relationship is a pure heart relationship. Every mother loves her child beyond any measure. A mother loves her child to the moon and back. No child is less for a mother. A child also looks to his or her mom for every need. Mother’s day celebrations are very special and close to the heart of every child and mother. They rekindle their love every year. The lost memories are evoked and times relived. Little kids can now finally give lots of time to their mothers on this day.
Mothers also live to receive gifts and love from their kids on this day. Kids can make different kinds of cards and crafts for their mothers on this day. Mother’s can use these cards as decorative or keep the gifts in the almirah. These gifts and cards become a memoir for the long times. We have come up with this pretty mother’s day paper plate puppet craft for kids. This is really easy to make a craft for kids.
DIY Mother-Child Love Paper Craft
You may like: 100+ Mother’s Day Craft Ideas for Kids
- Paper plate
- Paint brushes
- A pair of scissors
- Hard paper
- Popsicle sticks
- Double-sided tape
- Black sharpie pen
✨ Step 1: The base of the paper plate craft
- The first step is to take a clean, white paper plate.
- This forms the base of this paper plate mother’s day craft.
✨ Step 2: Making the puppets
- Now take a white hard sheet card. Use a black sharpie pen to draw a figure of the mother and a child.
- Show the child holding a bouquet of flowers. These drawings will become the puppets for this paper plate craft.
✨ Step 3: Coloring the Puppets
- When your puppets are ready, you can start coloring them.
- You can use sketch pens or pencil colors to color these mother-daughter puppets. These look really cute.
✨ Step 4: Cut the puppets out
- When you have colored the Puppets and added the details to the puppets, cut these puppets out with the help of a pair of scissors.
- Cut these puppets out with a steady hand. Avoid sharp edges while cutting the puppets out.
✨ Step 5: Final touches to the puppets
- When you have cut the Puppets out, use a black sharpie pen to add the details and borders to these puppets.
✨ Step 6: Designing the paper plate craft base
- Now let us design the base of the paper plate craft.
- Take a broad tip sketch pen, draw a heart in the middle of the paper plate.
✨ Step 7: Paint the heart
- Now use red paint to paint this sketch pen drawn heart.
- Use a broad tip paintbrush to paint this heart shape.
✨ Step 8: Place the puppets in place
- Once the paint has dried, try to position the Puppets in place.
- Use your hands to place the puppets on top of the heart shape on the paper plate.
- Stick the mother figure on the heart shape made on the paper plate.
✨ Step 9: Adding popsicle sticks to the puppets
- Add a double tape piece on the top of the popsicle stick.
- You can add some glitter hearts on the red heart shape.
✨ Step 10: Stick the child puppet
- Now take up the child figure and stick it on the popsicle sticks by removing the top of the double tape.
- This popsicle stick will help to move the puppet towards the mother.
✨ Step 11: Cutting the manoeuvre of the puppet
- When you have made the puppet and the popsicle stick ensemble, we need the path to move the child puppet.
- Mark a curve at the base of the paper plate. Use a pair of scissors to cut along this curve.
- This curve will help you to move the child puppet towards the mother. This will look pretty and lovely.
✨ Step 12: Ready base
- Now the base of this paper plate craft for kids is ready with all the prerequisites.
✨ Step 13: Place the child puppet in place
- Use your finger to part the curve cut at the base of the plate.
- Place the popsicle stick into the cut, keeping the child puppet outside.
- This becomes your puppet moving sleeve.
✨ Step 14: Mother’s Day paper plate craft
- When you place the popsicle stick in the sleeve, your paper plate craft is ready to be gifted.
- Move the popsicle stick from the base to help the child leap into the mother’s arms.
- You can add your wishes and congratulations on top of the paper plate craft.
- This paper plate craft looks pretty and will bring a smile to your mother’s face.
We hope you and your mother loved this pretty paper plate puppet craft. We wish all the mothers a very happy Mother’s Day. May this Mother’s Day bring a lot of happiness and joy. You can check out other related articles on K4 Craft. We would love to hear your mother’s day memories and stories. You can share your feedback and opinion in the comments section given below. We will come up with more such useful articles for you. Until then keep creating and smiling with K4 Craft!
You’ll also like:
- Easy Mother’s Day Craft Ideas For Kids To Make
- Cute Crafts for Kids Made with Love by a Mother
- 25 Easy Mother’s Day Gifts Ideas Kids Can Make
- Mother’s Day Crafts Ideas To Make At Home
- 50+ Art & Craft Ideas to surprise your Mom this Mother’s Day