Mother’s Day is not about respecting, acknowledging and celebrating what mothers have done for us throughout our life, just for one day. It is for every day of three hundred and sixty five days, every year. It is about honoring the beautiful stage of life, call motherhood. It is our duty that we stop commercializing this wonderful emotion and make it up for mothers around the world, every day, and make it as eventful for them as it can be.
These craft ideas dedicated to all mothers on this planet.
Mother’s Day Gift Card – Paper Craft | By Veena Dharmaraj
Material & Tools:
- Chart paper
- Decorating things
- Fabric paint
- Cut the chart paper into a heart shape
- Paint the border of the chart
- And write happy Mother’s Day
- Inside the chart write something about mother
- And at last your card is ready.
DIY Plastic bottle Craft: Rock Band By Gurpreet Kaur
- Plastic bottles,
- glitter paper,
- glitter tape,
- long sticks,
- decorative material
- Take 2ltr bottle, 1ltr bottle and 300 ml coke bottles.
- Cut in circular shapes fill the shapes with paper pieces enclosing them with thermocol.
- Glue the thermocol inside the circle cover the circles with glitter paper and tape.
- Wrap the long sticks with glitter tap cut small circles to make discs color it golden.
- Now assemble as shown in the image.
Mother’s Day Special paintings | By Canon Singh
DIY Mother’s Day Flower Bouquet Pop up Card | By Shruti Srivastava
- Different type of papers,
- gift rapper
Madhubani/Mithila Painting | By Vinita Rustagi
Material used: Acrylic colors
DIY Mother’s Day Flower Bouquet Paper Card | By Yashika
Left portion Materials-
- quilling strips for circles and purple lines
- craft paper for the flower and topic (happy mother’s day)
- yellow a3 size sheet as base
- scissors and fevicol.
Right portion Materials-
- yellow sheet as base
- black A4 size sheet for bouquet
- green and red craft paper for detailing
- origami paper for flowers
- scissors and fevicol.
Mother – the symbol of love and power By Priyanka Jain
Procedure: Just take a black gel pen and a paper. And get started. It’s a complete free hand drawing. Using only a black gel pen.
Mother’s Day Vegetable Carving | By Sai Anusha
Buddha Painting With Jute Strings | By Ankita Meena
- Oil colours,
- Jute strings,
- Coloured sheet,
- Acrylic colour
- Paint brush
- Prepare a facial sketch of Buddha which you want to draw.
- Now with the help of oil colours paint the face of Buddha.
- After finishing the colouring cut the face of buddha and paste it on a coloured sheet.
- Now draw the head and shoulders of buddha.
- With the help of jute string and fevicol paste small circles on the head of Buddha.
- For shoulders, Take long jute string and start pasting it by covering every end of Buddha’s body.
- Varnish the whole painting properly.
- Now for a background you can do some leaf printing with acrylic colours or can paste them.
- Get your painting framed as u r going to gift it to your mom.
- Your Buddha painting is ready and Mom is going to love this.
Beautiful Bed Sheet | By Neera Gupta
सामग्री – 1. पुराने कपड़े 2. बाउंड्ररी और लाईनिंग के लिये तीन चार पुराने परदे 3. मशीन, कैची, धागा.
विधि – सबसे पहले हम पुराने कपड़ों में से बाजू वगैरह हटा कर प्लेन कपड़ा बना लेंगे और प्रेस से उसे एकसार करके फिर उन सब कपड़ों में से बराबर के टुकड़े काट लेंगे और फिर उन टुकड़ों को कलर कॉमबिनेशन के हिसाब से मशीन से आपस में जोड़ लेंगे. जब सब टुकड़े जुड़ जायेंगे तब उसके बाद उस कलरफुल कपड़े को चारों तरफ से एकसार सीधा काट लेंगे. फिर उसके बाद परदे में से किनारा काट कर उसे उस कलरफुल कपड़े के चारों तरफ सफाई से जोड़ देंगे. तत्पश्चात् उस कलरफुल पूरे पीस के बराबर माप का परदा काटें. फिर उसे कलरफुल पूरे पीस के पीछे अस्तर की तरह जोड़ दें ताकि जोड़ न दिखायी दें. लीजिए आपकी सुन्दर सी चादर तैयार है.|
Jewellery box from recycled frame box | By Pranjali Kulkarni
3. Thin foam sheets
4. Decorative stones and kundan
6. recycled box
7. Colour papers
8. Scale and a marker
1. Clean the recycled box.
2. Paste a thin sheet of felt over inside area of box.
3. Make long thin roles of foam sheet .
4. Paste felt over the foam roles so at to cover it whole.
5. Make 6 such roles.
6. Place a small piece of paper covered cardboard inside the box so as to make partition as shown in photo.
7. Place the foam roles inside the box neatly without any space one below the other.
8. Cover the outside of the box with colourful paper.
9. Also cover the lid of the box with colourful paper.
10. Decorate the box with colourful stones,kundan and small mirrors.
11. Jewellery box is ready to be gifted.
Calligraphy and doodle art for ma | By Tanjina Rahman
- Model paper (yellow and black)
- Water colour (black)
- Calligraphy brush
- Cut out a square yellow model paper and give black border on top and bottom with black model paper.
- Take the calligraphy brush and black water colour to do the calligraphy.
- Finally do doodle art with pencil around the calligraphy.
The Crown Card | By Tanjina Rahman
- Model paper (Deep Blue)
- Golden Spray
- Star stickers
- A decoration diamond
- Golden glitter pen
- Cut out the crown and spray paint it golden.
- Cut a square deep blue model paper and paste the crown on top of it with glue.
- Decorate the crown with star stickers and the diamond.
- Write the quotation with golden glitter pen.
Quilling Triple Sliding Card | By Hemali Ashish Aggarwal
- Black Chart Paper
- Designer Sheet
- Quilling Strips (5mm) : Red, Blue, Yellow & Green
- Double Sided Tape
- Decorating Stone
- Black Sketch Pen
- Cut 3 rectangles of measurement 30cm x 12cm, 27cm x 9cm and 8cm x 8cm from a Black Chart Paper.
- Mark 3 equal sections on the 30 cm x 12cm piece of 10cm each. Fold along the crease of 30cm side to get 3 sections of 10cm (length) x 12cm (breadth).
- Make a box of measurement 5cm (length) x 8cm (Breadth) on the last section of above chart paper piece.
- The box will be 2.5cm away from the sides / crease and 1.5cm from the top and 2.5cm from bottom.
- Cut the vertical sides of this box to make a slider. Take a paper strip and pass it through the cut (fold the extra part).
- Repeat the above steps for other rectangle to get a pocket of 9cm (length) x 9cm (breadth)
- Make a box of measurement 5cm (Length) x 6cm (breadth), the will be 2cm away from the sides / crease and 1 cm from the Top and 2cm from bottom.
- Cut the sides of box and pass a paper strip through the cut.
- Use double sided tape to stick the 8cm x 8cm square sheet on the strip of 9cm x 9cm piece.
- Now fold and stick along the crease of 9cm x 9cm box to make a pocket.
- Use the double sided tape to stick the 9cm x 9cm box on the strip of 10cm x 12cm piece. Fold and stick along the crease to make a pocket.
Quilled earrings and a quilled candle stand | By Swati Dokania
Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is rolled, looped, curled, twisted and otherwise manipulated to create shapes which make up designs to decorate greetings cards, pictures, boxes, eggs, and to make models, jewelry, mobiles etc. Quilling starts with rolling a strip of paper into a coil and then pinching the coil into shapes that can be glued together.
A mother is like a candle which burns itself but provides us with the light !!
Buddha was made with clay in canvas board | By Gayathri Rathnasamy
Chart with fabric paint | By Gayathri Rathnasamy
Mother’s Day Special Paper Quilling Art | By Reena Mathew
- Quilling paper
- Blank paper
- Sketch pen
- Draw a pic of mother and a baby. Then paint it.
- Make quilling flowers and leaves.
- Stick the flowers on the pic.
- Draw a heart. Stick red quilting paper on the heart. And write happy Mother’s Day. Then stick on a paper.
Handmade Bracelet | By Angeline Patiño Carbon
Chocolate box into Classy Earring stand | By Monika Gauthham
- Any kind of box
- Chart paper
- Take a box for e.g. chocolate box, Badam mix box, snacks box.
- Cut the chart paper and paste on the box.
- Make a hole to hang earrings.
Baby foot cast frame | By Saumya Nivin Manoharan
Mother’s Day Special Paper Card | By Shaji Mathew
- Pink and blue chart paper
- Cut blue chart paper bigger than the pink.
- Cut a thick strip n stick two hearts of different sizes on the strip.
- Stick the strip on the center of the small chart paper. Stick the stickers.
Beautiful Art work for Gift | By Tejal Patil
Mother’s Day Special Handmade paper card | By Moumita Biswas
- Paper Sheet
- Glitter powder
Mother’s Day Special Paper Card for Kids | By Fathima Nadhiya Siyan
Mother’s Day Special handmade Gift Ideas | By Madhuri Bukka
Mother’s Day Handmade Gift Ideas By Zaid N Laylaah Adams