Stamp Ladybug Painting is easy and fun to make. With this unique art and craft, children can show their creativity in school competitions. You use a Lotus Root or potato as a stamp to paint the body and black sharpie marker to add other details. With the use of easily available paintbrush, you can make the background for the cute ladybug.
Kids love to paint. There are so many masterpieces which our kids create for us when they are so small. But these masterpieces make no meaning at times. At such times, we must introduce our kids to stamp painting. This technique is hassle free and gives beautiful results. Your kids will love to experiment with this new painting technique.
This unique step by step tutorial will give you masterpieces made by your children which can be hung up and displayed. The stamping painting activity can be messy at times so one must always spread newspapers beneath the working the painting surface. Now let us make this pretty drawing on the canvas of a paper plate.
Learn to Make Stamp Ladybug Painting for Kids
You may also like: Handprint Tree Card Craft for Kids – Step by Step Tutorial
- Paper plate
- Lotus stem
- Dark green, light green, yellow, red and black acrylic paint
- Black marker
✨ Step 1: Using the toothbrush for the base
- The first step will be to take a paper plate and clean it with a dry cloth.
- Now lay this paper plate on the working table.
- Clean and dry the toothbrush you have chosen.
- Dip this clean toothbrush in a medium shade of green-coloured paint.
- Now we will begin to paint the paper plate.
✨ Step 2: Stroking with the paint-filled brush
- Once you have dipped the toothbrush in the paint, you are ready to stroke the paper plate with paint.
- Mark an imaginary line on the paper plate near the base.
- Now hold the paper plate steady with one hand.
- Place the brush on that imaginary line and then move the brush upwards.
- Continue making such medium-sized strokes.
- Fill the plate surface with similar strokes.
✨ Step 3: Making Grass with the Tooth Brush
- When you have covered the plate in a band with this medium hue of green, dip the toothbrush in the darker shade of green.
- Now start to stroke with lesser intensity in the same direction as before.
- Cover the whole area to the base of the plate.
- This shade change helps to gain more depth in the craft.
- The secondary strokes also help to cover the gaps in the previous layer of strokes.
✨ Step 4: Painting with the finger
- Now we will be making some pretty flowers for this craft.
- Moisten your index finger.
- Now dip your finger slightly in the paint.
✨ Step 5: Making flowers with yellow paint
- Use this paint dipped finger to make some small-sized paint dots.
- Spread these paint dots everywhere on the paper plate.
- These will be the flowers of this beautiful craft.
- These are the flowers on which the ladybug will sit.
- You do not need to make perfect circles with your finger.
✨ Step 6: Cut Lotus Root in Half
- Now we will start to make the ladybug.
- Take a Lotus stem
- Cut in in half from the middle.
- Now we have two pieces of Lotus stem which have a beautiful pattern on the inside.
✨ Step 7: Paint the Lotus root
- Now take bright red acrylic paint.
- Use a paintbrush to apply paint on the Lotus stem surface.
- Once you have applied the paint on the Lotus stem surface, it is time to make the stamping ladybug activity.
✨ Step 8: Stamp Ladybug Painting Activity
- Stamp the lotus Lotus stem base filled with paint on the paper plate.
- Make some more stamps in the same way.
- This way you will have multiple ladybugs in your crafty garden.
✨ Step 9: Using a black sharpie marker to add detail
- Now use a thin brush and black paint or a black sharpie marker to fill in the gaps of the Lotus stem stamp.
- Also, make the head for the ladybug with the black paint and brush or sharpie pen.
- Make legs for the ladybug.
- Repeat these steps for all the other ladybugs.
- These details make the ladybug more attractive.
✨ Step 10: Complete Stamp Ladybug Painting Activity
- This is your complete ladybug painting activity which is fun and colorful.
- You can keep it in the showcase or even pass a thread through the paper plate by punching two holes.
- This beautiful stamping craft looks great and will earn applaud.
- This craft looks pretty.
- You can experiment by working with different colors and patterns.
- Also gift this pretty craft to your near and dear ones on different occasions.
We hope you and your kids loved making this beautiful Stamp Ladybug Painting Activity. This beautiful painting can be out up in the home for decoration purposes. You can add more detail to it with the help of a paintbrush. You can check out other related articles on K4 craft. We would love to hear from you. You can share your feedback and experience with us in the comments section given below. We will soon come up with more such useful articles for you. Until then keep smiling and creating with K4 Craft.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube Channel – K4 Craft Video Tutorials
You’ll Also Like
- 29 Fun Painting Ideas for Kids
- DIY Faux Stained Glass With Acrylic Paint – Crafty Stuff Video tutorial
- Home Wall Painting Ideas & Designs to Inspire You-Wall Painting Ideas
- Simple Flow art – How to make fluid acrylic paint
- How To Start Oil Painting – Tricks & Techniques