Keeping children occupied, especially during a lockdown, can feel like an impossible feat. Children have a very short attention span, which is only natural at their age. But that can sometimes make it impossible for parents to find some much needed free time. Choosing a task to keep children occupied is an important process as the activities and experiences of their childhood greatly influence their mental and emotional growth.
One of the best ways to keep your child busy while helping them stay mentally focused as well is drawing. Drawing is a complex activity that pushes children to concentrate but is also fun and enjoyable for them.
Today we’re gonna learn how to draw an adorable bunny.
Things You’ll Need:
- A piece of paper
- A pencil
- An eraser
- Colour pencils or crayons (whichever you prefer)
Step by Step Instructions
How to Draw a Bunny for Kids
- First, we’re gonna start by drawing the head and the body of the bunny. Draw a small oval for the head and then, draw a similar, bigger oval for the body.
2. Draw two small circles on the face for the eyes. Try to make the eyes as symmetric as possible.
4. Now, let’s focus on the face of our bunny. Draw two oblong ears on the top of the head. Don’t worry about the size too much – bunnies are known for their big, fluffy ears. Draw a small curved line on the face representing its mouth and draw the fur around the face.
5. Now, our bunny is slowly but surely coming together. Draw two small front legs for the bunny.
6. Since our bunny is sitting on its hind legs, we don’t have to draw the whole leg. Simply draw its back foot; draw a few lines through the foot to define the digits. Also, draw a curve on the body to show its folded back leg.
7. We’re almost there! Draw more fur around the body and draw a furry tail at the backside.
8. To complete your drawing, colour in the eyes, define the ears and double line some of the outlines. This hack will make your drawing look neat and pop on paper!
And there you have it, 8 easy steps to help your child draw their favourite animal. This activity combines animals with art – two things that are sure to pique the interest of any young child. So, the next time you feel like you need a break, head to KidPid and download our instructive drawing tutorials to get your child hooked on creativity!
You May Also Like
- How to Draw a Cat for Kids – Easy Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Draw a Wolf for Kids – Easy Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Draw a Sparrow for Kids – Easy Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Draw a Zebra for Kids-Easy Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Draw a Winnie the Pooh for Kids – Easy Step by Step Tutorial