Paper Roses are the most common flowers in gifting. Learn to make paper roses and it makes a perfect gift for Mother’s Day.
- Origami/wrapping/colored paper (color on both sides). You require 4 squares for one rose.
- Wire or broom sticks to hold the flower
- Cane basket holder
- Dry weeds
- Satin ribbon (or curling ribbon), packing paper
Step By Step Tutorial
Fold the square paper (I have taken 7.5 cm * 7.5 cm) in half and again in half till you have triangle with folds. Draw the petal shape, Cut at the top of the open part. Also cut a tiny amount at the bottom to make a hole in the center. Do the same with the rest of the 3 pieces. (Pic 1)
Unfold the petals. From the first paper petal cut out one petal along the folded lines. From the second cut out 2 petals along the folded lines and so on.
Apply glue to one petal and overlap to another petal shape to form a cone. Do the same with the rest leaving out the following petals 1, 2, 3 and one 4-piece petal. All of these could be used as inner petals forming buds. However, I have not used all of the smaller pieces.
Use a paintbrush or pencil and curl the cone shape petals outwards.
Take a piece of wire. Apply glue to the single petal and wrap around the wire to form a tight base. Then apply glue to the 3-petal piece and roll around the wire to form a bud. Now assemble the cone shaped petals by applying glue at the bottom of the petal. Starting with the smallest pass the wire through the hole; position the petals well.
Once the petals are secured with glue, cut a piece of calyx from green paper fix at the bottom of the flower. Attach leaves to the flower if desired.
I have put some oasis at the bottom of the cane holder. Then I added the weeds. Finally, I arranged the roses according to my liking. I covered the cane holder with packing material since the oasis was visible. I finally attached the curling ribbon.
DIY: How to make Beautiful paper Quilling ” Lily Flower”
- 20+ Stylish Mehendi Designs For Hands To Inspire You!
- How To Make 10 Different Flower Craft Tutorials – Step by step
- 27 Low-Cost Christmas Decorations You Can Make Yourself
- 15 Simple Nail Art Designs for Lazy Girls – Step by step
- How to Make Christmas Tree Napkin Fold – Step by step (Tutorial)