REDUCE – REUSE – RECYCLE are the word we use when it comes to the waste materials but do you know that this things can add a glam to your home! Who doesn’t like to have a pretty and beautiful environment to live around? The best part about the home décor is the flower vases and the wall hangings and to these flowers are the main spot of attraction. Well having that said buying flowers weekly can cost your pocket tons ( Not to lessen the importance of the natural fragrance and delicate corner ) the solutions are always up! If not buy it we can make and try it!
Waste materials can be turned into beautiful flowers and these are cheap and when pouring a cup of creativity with a hint of colors and art any one can give their home a renovated look. Materials such as surf packets, plastics which are really harmful when disposed can be recycled in a method which is un-imagined and beautiful at the same time. Not to brag, but yes we have adorable ways that you can try out and add to the empty corners, insert in the DIY vases etc. out of these materials find your own material which you are feeling comfortable with and pour your own creativity and modify it.
Before donating or dumping anything to the dust bin look it from the side of creative eye and make an inexpensive décor for a beautifully unique home. Let’s get into these creative ways to make use of waste materials for making Flowers
Creative Wasy to Make Flowers Using Waste Material
Flowers are the first thing that comes to our mind when we think of decorating our home for any special occasion. But as flowers are quite expensive and perishable and have a very short life, it becomes a costly affair to put real flowers to use always, so here are some cost effective tricks to make flowers from recycled things.
Surf packet Creative flower / Flower making décor DIY
Have you ever wondered not to dump the empty waste material of your surf packet and instead use it for home décor? If not then this is the right time to collect the plastic babies and gather some craft materials around. In this method you will come across quilling. It is an art of twisting and turning the strip of colored hard papers and making some fun things out of it. The leaves and stems of the flowers can be created with the help of this method of quilling. The main materials used in quilling are mostly a comb or a twig with a slit in it.
The harmful plastic present in the surf packet can be erased in a beautiful way. Use this home décor to decorate your house and the results will surely surprise you. Pack your seat belts because we are about to get started.
- Surf empty packet
- A Glue gun or fevicol
- Straws or broom sticks
- Sheet paper of different color
- Take a clean surf packet and wash it thoroughly. Cut the seal side from top and bottom to make sure we have clean sheet
- Now grab a scissor and cut the plastic sheet into strips ( note that all the strips should be in same size )
- For neater and cleaner look rub a cloth on the surf sheet
- Take a stick and wrap the sheet on one corner
- When it’s done take a black thread or a rubber band to tighten the sheet into its place
- Make sure you make more than one flower
- Take the color sheet and cut It vertically using the scissors
- Place the sheet into the teeth’s of comb alternately ,Glue the spots that are on the top When the sheet is glued place another sheet on top of it
- Remove when you feel that they are sticked together ,You`ll need more than one of this
- Take the stick and stick the thing you made using the comb
- Use your imagination and stick as many you want And it’s done
FLOWER MAKING OUT OF DISPOSABLE GLASS
Disposable glass can be used for no only jus drinking out of it can be used to make random stuff too for your self
- Disposable glass
- Green color cloth
- Take the paper glass on a flat table and mark your cutting on the paper
- Cut the glass vertically on one side and crop out the bottom part of the cup
so that the glass makes a curved sheet of paper
- Fold the sheet inside so that when the folded part Is cut it makes a perfect square
- Make as many squares you can with available glasses
- Fold the squares into half until it cannot be more folded cut the folded paper into a small triangle and open it up
- Voila your waste paper cup is converted into a small flower
- Cut just a side of flower through inside and stick it to overlapping flower petal
- Make leaves used same flat paper and cutting it into the shape
- Stick a ear bud through the center and color the flower in the color of your choice
- Take a stick and stick the flower. for decoration use green paper or cloth covering the stick
- Stick flower, leaves and use your imagination for further decoration, the bottom of paper glass is used as base of the flower color the base too.
Waste cloth beautifying into flowers
- Fabric glue
- Skill and patience
- Wash the cloth and dry it
- Cut the cloth into straight prices and remove all the creases in the cloth
- Take the first cloth and just place a drop of glue on the edge of the cloth
- This might take more than one take for beginners so be patient
- Just fold the cloth inside and roll up the cloth inside you can see that it takes the shape of rose
- Make more and one use and them on your clothes and anywhere you want.
Waste water bottle transformation into lotus flowers
- Empty water bottles
- Glue gun
- Floral tape
- Take the waste bottle and cut it from the center
- Cut the walls of the bottle making the mouth as the center of flower
- Cut the rest of the bottle as petals of flower
- Using glue gun and stick the petals to the neck of the bottle
- Use the rest of the bottle as base of flower
- After the petals are done paint them with red color
- Take a thick paper and roll it tightly
- Stick the cap of the bottle and just tighten the flower on top
- You can color the stem too
Converted straws into flowers
Who use the straws over and over again? Thinking to dump them? Well we got a better idea for you try this amazing DIY flower out of waste straws splash your own creativity into it and decorate your home.
- Straws (obviously)
- A long needle
- A thread
- Glue gun
- Take the straws and cut them in to desired size
- Poke the needle through the center of the straws
- Squeeze the straws and tie them with the thread. Make sure they are tight enough to be together in the shape of a flower
- Now that it is ready place a jewel or a paper ( colored ) in the middle to give it a complete fancy look!
Recycled craft from waste plastic cans | DIY plastic bottle hack
Without further description let’s get along to the video or the method in how to make this beautiful daisies.
- Plastic can ( milk can )
- Yellow colored paper
- Green ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Cut the plastic milk Carton but before than make sure it is clean
- Cut a circular shape and from the center make the slits and give them the shape of flower petals
- Now with the paper do the quilling flower small enough to adjust in the middle of our plastic petals
- Take a tooth pick and stick the petals and the flower together cover the strip with green ribbon and stick with hot glue gun
- Adjust them on the vase or stick them on the wall. They are very wonderful to look at.
Plastic bottle vase with flowers | Best out waste create
- Plastic bottle – green, white
- Acrylic colors
- Paint brush
- Cut the while water bottle to make the stem and cut the flower shapes
- Color them with paints of your choice and attach the stem on the lower part of the flower
- Take another plastic bottle and cut the lower part for the vase
- Stick them on the plastic bottle bottom and it’s done!
Waste CD’s Wall hanging
- Two compact disc
- Rubber band
- Glue gun
- Plastic flower
- Place the 2 disc’s together and stick them with a sticky tape
- Now place a plastic flower on the cd’s and stick them with a hot glue gun or any other strong glue
- Now that it is ready make a wall hanger by crossing the strings and attaching at the top of one cd. Voila you are done!
Tissue paper flower
- Tissue paper, scale and pencil
- Flower wire and scissor
- Take 4 tissue paper of measurement (4*32 cm) , and place them one above the other.
- Fold these papers in front- back pattern till the end as shown in the video.
- Tie a craft wire in the center of the paper and tie a knot, and roll down the excess wire.
- Once the wire is tied, start slowly separating all the layers of tissue paper, to make the flower look bloomed.
- Give a finishing touch to the flower by properly picking up the tissue. Make at least 4 such flowers.
- Now tie all the 4 flowers together with the flower wire and make one big flower, and properly adjust all the tissues.
- Now trim all the extra edges of the tissues, so that the flower looks more finished and gives a natural look.
- Take a 3*12 cm green paper and make a leaf out of it and roll another green paper to make the stem of the flower.
Flower from waste Maggie wrappers
- Maggie wrappers and scissors
- Cotton and glue and flower wire and tape
- Cut the Maggie wrappers in a square, and cut a small strap from it as shown in the video.
- Now cut small lines in the strap till the end, make sure you cut medium length lines.
- Now take some cotton and roll it into a bud and tie it, now start wrapping the strap around the cotton as shown in the video.
- Tie the entire thing or staple it, and start wrapping the floral green tape over it. Repeat this with at least 4-5 flowers.
- Now take a newspaper and roll it into a pipe like structure as it will be the stem of the flower, and attach flowers to it with flower tape.
- So finally your artificial flowers from Maggie wrappers are ready to be placed in the vase.
Hibiscus flower from plastic bag
- Plastic bags and scissor
- Waste paper, hot iron, wire and green tape
- Glue and decorative items
Take a plastic bag or two and place them together under a waste paper and start ironing it, till the bags are stiff and stick together.
Cut the pattern of petals from the thick plastic and smoothen the edges.
Now stick all the petals together with glue, and fold them backwards a little bit.
Now take another green coloured plastic bag, and cut a cone shape from it, and make zigzag cut from it and stick it at the bottom of the petals
Cut out a few leaf shapes from the green paper and attach them to the flower with a wire.
Roll a small paper along with yellow plastic as shown in the video and stick it in the center of the flower with glue. Repeat this process with other flowers
You can create different types of flowers by using different colours of polythene bags
Flower from thermocol bowl
- Thermocol bowl
- Scissors and glue
- Green tape
- Take a thermocol bowl and draw a petal shape in it and cut many such petals from it.
- Now arrange those petals and stick them as shown in the video.
- Now make a smaller flower with lesser petals and stick it in the main flower. Make flowers with different number of petals.
- Now take the flower wire and attach it with the thermocol flower and cover it with green tape and stick few artificial leaves on it.
- You can also paint the thermocol if you wish to have colourful flowers
DIY Plastic bottle flower
- Plastic bottle and paints
- Scissor, glue and old newspaper
- Take a bottle and cut the upper part of the bottle with the lid on it.
- Now cut the strips from the bottle as shown in the video, keep in mind that all strips are of equal length.
- Press the strips in downward direction or you can press the entire bottle on the floor.
- Round off the petals to give them a similar shape.
- In a container mix equal parts of glue and water and dip a small newspaper n roll it till the newspaper is thick enough and make a round and put it inside the lid.
- Now take paints and paint the plastic bottle and also the round with colours of your choice.
- Finally stick the newspaper roll into the center of the bottle and your flower is ready.
DIY Flowers made from recycled bottles
1- Plastic bottles and cutter
2- Paints and glue
- Take a water bottle and cut the lower part from it, you will need 4-5 such bottle bottoms.
- Trim the uneven edges from the top and start cutting petals depending on the base lines of the bottle.
- Now start painting on the exterior or underneath depending on where you want the colour.
- Apply some glue in the center and sprinkle some glitter on it, or you can paint it with metallic colours
- Allow the paint to dry and apply another coat of paint if required and finally the plastic bottle flower is ready.
Flower from waste plastic bag
- Plastic bags of different colours
- Scissors and thread
- Take two plastic bags and cut the entire extra parts from it, make a square shape.
- Now take another bag and cut the edges and open it and then fold it into half and cut it. Now fold it into another half and another until its very thin and then cut a petal shape as shown in the video.
- Now place the petal shaped cut out on the main bag, and keep folding it back and forth.
- Now tie the center part with a thread and cut the edges of the main bag in the petal shape( refer video)
- Now open the folding and form a circle, and start pulling the top layer in upward direction.
- Repeat this with all the layers of the flower, until it gives a bloomed image
Flower from plastic spoons and old CD’S
- Old CD’s and plastic spoons
- Scissors and glue
- Decorative materials and paints
- Take plastic spoons and cut the upper part from it , repeat this with at least 15-20 spoons so that the CD is covered
- Now take the CD and start sticking the spoons on it and allow it to dry
- Now paint the spoons with colour of your choice and let it dry.
- You can paint the spoon in combination of two colours also, and now decorate the interiors of the spoon with glitter tubes or 3D outliner.
- Add a ready flower like thing in the center of the CD to cover the open area as shown in the video
- Your flower from spoons and CD is ready, you can attach another such flower and make a wall hanging or you can simply use this one flower to decorate it.
So, these were few ways from which you can reduce the waste and recycle and reuse the plastic bottles, plates and bowls and put them to good use like decorating your home or making showpieces. I hope you like this post. Do share your views about this in the comment section. Happy crafting
- Diwali Rangoli Designs for Diwali with Steps
- DIY: Yarn Doll Step by Step Tutorial
- DIY : Origami Flowers Step by Step Tutorials
- DIY: Quilling Mobile Holder & Stands Ideas
- DIY: Diwali Project Ideas For Children & Schools