Does your dog have way more personality than that plain black or red choker conveys? Give your pup a choker that shows off her energetic, calm or diva-like personality with these cute, easy and budget-friendly chokers. Plus, what’s cuter than a dog in a sparkly choker?
A great thing about designing your own choker is that you can customize everything, including the colours you use and what materials you add. Now your dog won’t only be the cutest on the block (they all are, of course), they’ll be the most stylish too!
Rhinestone dog choker
Save on that designer choker and easily create a sparkly, bedazzled choker like the one pictured here, without spending an arm and a leg. All you need are a few materials and about 30 to 60 minutes.
- 1 plain dog choker of your choice (leather, canvas or cloth works best)
- About 10 size 20ss coloured rhinestones
- About 30 size 10ss rhinestones (coloured and plain)
- Extra-strong craft glue
- Lay the choker flat on newspaper. Using the toothpick, place a small amount of glue on each size 20ss rhinestone. Place them around the choker, about 1 centimetre apart. Let dry.
- Add smaller (10ss) rhinestones in between each large rhinestone. Let dry.
- To embellish the buckle, carefully place about 19 size 10ss rhinestones right next to each other on the metal. Let dry completely (overnight) before placing on your dog.
Couture floral choker
Love Carrie Bradshaw’s couture floral headbands on Sex and the City? Transfer that look onto your dog’s choker for a one-of-a-kind, feminine and fashionable pet accessory. Plus, you can change out the flowers on this choker so your dog can have a new outfit every day!
- Upholstery needle
- Thread (to match your dog choker)
- Patterned or plain dog choker
- Large fabric flower (with a flat base, if possible)
- Snap set
- Using the needle and thread, stitch half of a snap to the dog choker. Stitch the other half of the snap to the base of the flower. Stick the flower on and remove when you’re ready to change it!
If your dog is a diva with Mariah Carey-like behaviour, give him/her a dazzling glittered choker to wear. When making this, canvas or cloth choker work best.
- Canvas or cloth plain choker
- Mod Podge glue
- Glitter (any colour)
- Paint brush
- Small screws or nails
- Lay the choker flat. Put a small screw or nail into each of the holes in the choker so that they don’t get painted over.
- Mix the glitter and glue together until you get a paint-like consistency. Then paint over the entire choker with the glittery glue/paint. Let dry overnight before putting on your pup.
Turning your dog’s choker from drab to fab is easy and fun.
Thanks for visiting our website.
Keep Creating With K4craft!