“A diary is termed to be man’s non judgmental friend”. We all know that sometimes when we are unable to express our feelings to our friends or family, we choose to write them in a diary and let out those feelings. Diary can be used for various purposes; it can be a personal diary or work or just “things to do” etc. In this article we will learn to custom design the diary cover and give you a more personalised feeling. Listed below are a few ideas.
Learn to Decorate a Girl’s Diary
You may like: Classroom Fun Games & Activities for Kids at School
Galaxy design cover
- Paints (blue (dark and light), pink, purple, white, black)
- Black paper
- A book that is to be covered
- Glue, scissor and cotton / sponge
- Take a black paper and measure it of the size of the book and stick it on the front cover with glue.
- Paint the uncovered area with paint if you purchase a spiral binded book.
- In a palate take all the colours mentioned in the materials and with the help of sponge start dabbing dark blue colour on the cover.
- Similarly start dabbing light blue in different areas and repeat the process with pink and purple.
- You can correct any paint mistakes by applying black colour over that area and repaint it.
- Take a toothbrush and sprinkle white colour over the book and then with the help of paint brush draw small stars as shown in the video.
- Allow the entire thing to dry and giving a few touches if required and finally your galaxy book cover is ready.
You can also write a phrase or a quote in the center of the cover, if you wish to.
Minions and strawberry book covers
- Papers (yellow, brown, blue and white and red and green)
- Scissors and glue
- Fine tip marker.
- A book
- Take a book and measure a yellow paper of its size and cover the book with it and cut the extra edges.
- Now take a brown paper and draw two bigger circles for the eyes of the minion and two smaller white circles to make the inside of the eyes.
- Stick the eyes as shown in the video, and with a fine tip marker make the pupils.
- Now take the blue card sheet and cut it into half and cut two semi circles from both ends.(refer video)
- Now make two belts from blue paper and stick them as shown in the video.
- Draw a pocket outline on the blue chart paper and two hook loop and also draw the spectacles of the minion and other features with fine makers.
- Repeat similar process with strawberry, by cutting a leaf pattern as shown in the video and making yellow dots on the red paper.
Dream journal cover
- Old journal
- Paints and brushes
- Lace, charm and yarn/ wool and other decorative items
- Gesso and wooden and paper tag
- Take an old diary with hard bound cover and paint it with gesso to cover up the print if any and let it dry.
- Now take green colour and paint a patch on one side of the book, and mask it with tape to make an even border.
- Mix blue, black and purple to make a night sky colour and paint on the other side of the tape as shown in the video.
- Once the paints have dried up, take yarns of colour blue, teal and black and pass them through the spiral from the center of the book and bring it on the inside and stick them with glue or tape.
- Now take a charm and pass it through a yarn and stick the entire thing in the front(refer video)
- Paint a wooden tag with black acrylic colour and take a painted frame and spray both with glitter.
- Glue down a paper doily as shown in the video and write down your favorite word on the painted frame.
- And stick it with black wooden tag and attach the entire thing in the center of the book. And finally your diary is ready.
Painted Outer Cover for Notebook
- Diary and just paints of your choice.
- If your book does not have a black base, you can cover it with black paper or you can paint it with black acrylic colour.
- Now place a colour bottle on the cover and draw dots around it with red colour and a few smaller dots around it in same colour and finally fill the gaps with tiniest dots as shown in the video.
- So basically you will have three layers of dots in each colour.
- Now repeat the same process with at least 4-5 different colours of your choice till the maximum part is covered.
- Allow the paint to dry and you can also cover it with gelatine paper so that the paint stays in place. Yuppie the easiest book cover is ready
Cute fabric cover
- Fabric and plain notebook
- Washi tape, glue, scissors and glue gun.
- Felt, lace and ribbon
- Pen and ruler.
- Cover the book with fabric of your choice and stick it properly.
- Adjust the edges of the fabric and secure it with tape.
- Add some washi tape on the insides and the outside to give a better look.
- Decorate the cover with a lace in the center area of the book, and add a satin ribbon above the lace all around the book.
- Take a piece of felt and draw a round edge frame on it to make a label.
- Glue the label on the notebook above the lace area.
- And finally tie the ribbon and make a bow on it.
DIY notebook cover with wool
- Wool and a book
- Small cardboard, scissor and glue
- Felt paper
- Take a cardboard cut out of 4 cm width and start wrapping the wool around it till the cardboard is fully covered.
- Measure the length of the cardboard and the book and place it properly over the book.
- Glue one corner of the wool on the book and cut off the wool from other side as shown in the video.
- Apply glue below the folding line of the wool and stick the upper area over it.
- Repeat this process until the book is completely covered in layers of wool. Please keep in mind the distance between each layer as it should not stick together and should appear in frill pattern.
- Make a pompom and tie it with a satin ribbon from the center and attach it with the notebook in the corner, as it will act as a bookmark.
- Cut out horn shapes from the felt and attach them on the top.
- Make eye cut outs and glue them carefully as shown in the video.
- Make two evil teeth and glue them.
- Finally the woolen diary is ready to use. You can use different wool colours to make different cartoon characters also.
DIY liquid cover notebook
- Notebook, 2 sheets of acetate
- Food colouring, water and baby oil.
- Take a notebook and cut out a rectangle from the main cover, leaving at least 2-3 cm border.
- Take equal length of acetate sheets with the rectangle cut out.
- Place two sheets over each other and take a butter/bake paper and place it over the acetate sheet and iron it.
You will need to seal all the three sides by repeating the same heat iron process.
- Now on the fourth side leave a small hole and seal the other area.
- Now add food colouring liquid in one part of water.
- Mix two parts of baby oil and one part of water and add it inside the packet as shown in the video.
- Shake it well and seal the fourth side completely.
- Now stick the entire acetate paper over the cardboard border of the book, and finally its ready.
- You can add small toys or glitter or any charms in the liquid before seal packing it for a better look.
Foam paper decorative cover
- Wrapping paper/ design paper
- Glue stick, scissors and cello tape.
- Foam glitter sheet and decorative materials
- Ribbon and diamond sticker
- Cover the book with design paper as shown in the video.
- Draw a slant line on the book cover and measure the foam paper of that length.
- Once you have measured the foam paper cut it into small shapes as shown in the video and arrange them properly; stick them in half part of the book.
- Stick diamond stickers in the gaps as you want, you can use multi coloured stickers as well.
- Add a satin ribbon inside the book cover to make a book mark.
- The foam covered book is ready.
These were a few ideas for book decoration. Moreover diary decoration is a personal thing and may vary from individual to individual. I hope you like these ideas and please do share your suggestions and experiences in the comment section. Happy crafting! Keep smiling and creating with K4 Craft!
You’ll also like:
- New Dreamcatcher Ideas For Room Decoration
- Senior Citizen’s Day Special Easy Craft Ideas
- Coconut Craft Ideas To Decorate Your Home
- 17 Christmas Color Schemes For Decoration
- Play School Wall Paintings to Decorate Walls