This tutorial shows Ice cube tray does not necessarily only use to freeze water as the name indicated. There are various things however that you can do with ice trays. Whether you are looking for useful storage ideas, a way to prepare perfect sushi for dinner or you just have a few trays sitting around and you are wondering how you can put them to use, here we have collected some creative projects that helps you how to use ice cube trays.
Goof luck. Keep on experimenting things!
DIY Freezer tray mini Fruit popsicles
They’re made with 100% real fruit and fruit juice, and your kids will even enjoy helping you make them!
- 1 large banana
- 4 large strawberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice or other desired juice
Blueberry Martini Jello Shots
- 10 1/2 ounces Stoli Blueberry vodka
- 2 ounces simple syrup* (add more if blueberries are sour)
- 3 1/2 (1/4 ounce) packets of gelatin powder
- About 60 fresh blueberries (more if the blueberries are small)
DIY Make Herb Ice Cubes
This is a great way to keep fresh herbs last longer for cooking and would be a fun way to store them too.
- olive oil
- ice tray
Want to see how it’s done? Video tutorial by ChefSteps:
DIY Pink Sugar Hearts using Ice tray
This is good to make on valentines day or tea parties.
Note: Used a 2 cups of sugar just enough to fill in one tray.
Ice-Try Sushi Blocks
- 7 ounces sashimi-grade salmon, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- About 5 grape tomatoes, finely chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (from a Japanese restaurant)
Homemade Dishwasher detergent Tabs
- 2 cups Washing soda or Baking soda (cuts grease, great all-purpose cleaner)
- 2 cups Borax (natural cleaner and disinfectant)
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt or Epsom salt (reduces the effects of hard water)
- 1/2 cup vinegar (added cleaning power, liquid to help bind the ingredients)
- 15-20 drops of Lemon essential oil (added cleaning power, antibacterial properties, smells great!)
Ice Cube Tray as Paint Palette
Mix watercolors in the tray’s compartments. (There’s actually one for every color of the rainbow.)
Make crazy interesting cocktails – Ice Cube Tray
The piña colada ice cubes are alternating layers of pineapple juice and coconut milk.
Ice Cube Tray Candles – Step by step
You can use the exact same steps in this tutorial with any silicone ice cube tray.
- candle wick
- old crayons [optional]
Make Frozen Cookie Dough
Make your own by freezing your cookie dough in ice cube trays.
Stock Up On Tomato Pesto using ice cube tray
Make green pesto and use your ice cube trays to freeze it for later.
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup dill
Which one your favorite? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. And be sure to follow on Pinterest for more ideas!
Thank you for visiting our website. Keep Creating with K4Craft!