June 5th is the World Environment Day which is the only biggest global event where there is a positive environmental Action. This day witness the people around the world coming together to celebrate mother planet to take necessary action to protect it. Environmentalism is promoted across and steps are taken to prevent pollution. A little more information about this day- Started in 1972 (WED) was established by United Nations and is hosted in different nation’s every year. People from all walks of life come together to ensure a Cleaner, Greener and Brighter Outlook for themselves and the future generation’s. On this auspicious day recycling thing’s, and making a good use of them might be a small gesture but if everybody does it the Idea can make a Great difference around the globe.
“The world is a fine place and worth fighting for” – ~Ernest
We want a world to be safe, Clean and beautiful for you as to grow up in a beautiful world to live in. For that to happen we have to work together to take care of the planet. Let’s learn ways to recycle things, that can also be beneficial to us in either way
1) DIY Tin Can Bird Feeder
Summer is here and you don’t have to spend lot of money to attract bird’s in to your yard. The first DIY is going to be a TIN bird feeder. Let’s make some craft to help the little feathered ones.
- Tin Can
- Tin opener
- Drilling machine
- Sharp Scissors
- Start by taking a full can, Start opening it with a tin opener but stop until it reaches half
- Next carefully bend the part with a scissors and empty up the content’s from the can (be careful that the lid stays attached to the body)
- Do exactly the same thing on the either side of the can
- Smoothen the sharp edges using a scissor (you might want to use gloves or wires to be careful)
- Bend the lids to the inside as shown in the video description
- Next you need to drill a hole roughly in the middle on the two sides. Take a pencil and insert it through these holes
- Finally For this to hang, Drill two holes on the top of the can and tie the rope
You can hang it on the roof of the garden and listen the melodious chirping of the little feeders.
2) LIGHT BULB TERRARIUM
Light bulb terrariums are miniature earth enclosure ecosystem that are self-sufficient and require minimal care. Terrariums were first discovered by a London botanist when the streets of London were filled with air pollution that threatened to kill the plants in his garden.
(For this you need small plants which can fit inside your light bulb and which are Humidity tolerant. Recommendations: Sphagnum, Moss baby’s Tears or Angel tears, African violet, Creeping Fig). Let’s see how to make this.
- 60W incandescent light bulb (Clear or reused from your house)
- Small rocks or pebbles
- Sealing cork
- Nose pliers
- Regular pliers
- Prepare your work place by placing a newspaper or a white cloth
- Put on the gloves, this will protect you from any exposure to dirt/broken glass
- Grasp the bulb metal base at the bottom and begin crushing the electrical foot contact with pliers (Note: Do not squeeze the glass bulb)
- Pull out the internal filament using a nose plier and clear out all the pieces inside, you can move onto the next step
- Drop your rock/pebbles but one at a time, so that the rocks slide gentle to the bottom of the bulb without placing any stress on the glass from being dropped
- Add soil until the 1/3 of the light bulb is filled, now delicately push the plant down with your screwdriver until the plant is inside the light bulb
- Add water for the moisture and gently hold the terrarium upright and insert the cork to the opening until it is tight
Hung from a string / Small ring stand. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your display.
3) DIY BRACELETS Craft- Recycling plastic bottles
It’s easy and fun to make bangles made from plastic bottles. You can decorate them in many different ways, allowing you to create lots of bangles that match different outfits. Save a fortune and re-purpose those plastic bottles into something fashionable.
- Plastic bottle
- Nail polish or acrylic paint
- Clean out the bottle and allow it to dry properly. Now measure the width of the bangle according to your preference
- Tape off the chosen width around the bottle (Use a masking tape to do this as it is easier to remove)
- Using scissors or a craft knife, cut out the bangle shape from the bottle. Work carefully and gradually
- Sand down the edges if needed. If the edges are rough use a sand paper or heat up the corners
- Paint the inner corner using nail polish or acrylic paint
- Done. Use the beads and sparkling beads if needed
4) Drinking straw spiral hanging
An easy yet amazing craft work is waiting to be executed. Let’s make it.
- Colourful straws (5 and ½ inch long) – 80 pieces
- Thread (40 inch)
- Glue gun
- Glue Sticks
- It’s very simple, Hold the straws together and pass the needle and thread along the centre
- Hold the first straw with your thumb and push all the other straws to make some gap
- Now twirl the straws as shown in the video description and tighten it using a hot glue gun. And it is ready
5) Smiley Room Décor | Recycle your old CDs
Got Old cd’s and wondering were to use them well here is a super fun idea to revamp any boring wall of your living room. It is both cool and creative.
- Old CD
- Old gel pen
- Felt sheets
- Hot glue
- Marker pen
- Elastic band
- Cut the felt sheet to the size of the cd and attach it using a glue gun
- Similarly cut the other circles of different colours
- Draw out the emoji’s using marker and add the detailing
- Attach all of them together using pop sickle sticks from backside
- Fix an Elastic band on the top and it is ready to add glam to your room!
6) DIY Beautiful Egg Carton bouquet | Up cycled egg carton home décor
The next craft is great because it can be used as a decoration, or given away as a gift. Most of the things needed can be found around the house.
- Egg Carton – 2
- Spray paint/Acrylic paint
- Cutting plier
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Glass container/Flower pot
- Begin the egg carton bouquet by cutting out the egg holder from the carton.
- Sculpt out some curves to demonstrate flower’s petals, with the scissors
- Paint the outside and inside of the flowers with acrylic paints or Paint spray, allow to dry
- Flip each flower upside down and using a knife slice an “X” to the bottom of each flower.
- Insert as many petals as you want with the help of wire and secure it using a hot glue gun
- Wrap the wire with thread if needed now Glue a Foam ball or a small piece of foam oasis into the bottom of the flower pot
- Stick the wires inside it and arrange your Egg carton flower bouquet
- Add a Bow around the pot (optional) and the flowers are ready to display!
7) DIY Homemade CD & Bottle cap palette
A very cool Recycling project which is made from Trash. Which can use for water colour painting. The project is very easy and fun.
- CD or DVD – (1)
- Bottle caps – (as required)
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Evenly spread the caps on the DVD
- Fix them with hot glue
- You are done and it’s ready to use pour on some cool colours and paint!
8) Newspaper Photo Frame: Easy Craft Newspaper Photo Frames || DIY Photo Frame
Picture frames are a great way to show off your favourite pictures, but they can be expensive. Making them rather from an old newspaper is the best way to get a frame that perfectly fits your picture without breaking your wallet.
- Fevicol or Glue
- Cardboard – 2
- Roll the newspaper and glue it in the end to make a stick. Similarly make about 16 sticks
- Cut them to make them seem even and attach 4-4 sticks
- Now you are ready with the sticks, Take a cardboard piece and cut it into rectangular sheet
- Glue the newspaper sticks that you have made along the corners of cardboard
- Get creative with your décor use cloth, buttons, glitter, stickers or bow
- Glue a rectangular cardboard smaller than the previous one and keep on side open
- Slide the picture in.
For detailed procedure click-on the video provided at the descriptions.
You’ll also like:
- DIY Paper Plate Crown | Birthdays, Crafts and Kids
- DIY Pink Felt Rose Flower Wind Chimes for Home Décor
- Patriotic crafts and activities for 4th of July
- Easy DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas and Tutorials
- 27 Beautiful Arabic Mehndi Designs: Full Hands and Feet