Dream catcher is delicate entity that we simply adore. It is wisely said that ”Positivity is the spell for happy life”. Dream catchers are said to disperse positive vibes. By hanging one above your bed, it keeps nightmares away and brings you all the good vibes. Also it adds a different charm to your bedroom. Buying one might cost you more than customizing it yourself. Also making one will save you a lot of time than finding one suitable as per your preference. We all want to give our house a special touch of our creativity. So let this dream catcher be a piece of your art hanging on top your bed attracting all the positivity.
THINGS YOU NEED
- Wool Needle (Optional)
- Feathers (Artificial or Real)
- Decorative Items (Of your choice)
- First of all take the cardboard and place a plate or any circular material and trace it using cutter.
- Take another plate or circular object smaller than the previous one.
- Place it inside the bigger circle and trace it using cutter.
- Separate the smaller circle and you will get a hoop for your dream catcher.
- After you get your hoop, take wool (approximate 2 meters), tie one of its end on the hoop and wrap it with the wool.
- After wrapping the hoop, take another piece of wool, tie a knot at the base of the hoop. Working clockwise stretch the wool to a spot a few inches away from knot and loop it down the hoop.
- Continue making loops that are evenly spaced till you finish the first row.
- For the second row, make a hitch between the thread.
- Every hitch should fall at the exact midpoint of the wool between the knots.
- After the second row, continue weaving in the same pattern.
- The circle you weave will become smaller and smaller.
- As it becomes smaller, pull the thread tighter and tighter.
- After you have woven the web to a tiny circle you can add a few beads or gemstones.
- After putting a bead tie a knot over the place where you make your final hitch.
- Double knot it to ensure it wont come undone.
- Hang a feather or decorate it with laces and beads.
- Also you can add any ornamental structures to make it look more elegant.
Here you have your own customized dream catcher.
Hang it on your bed so that your day begins as well as ends with positive thoughts.
- You can make use of embroidery loop for the hoop.
- You can add beads or stones while weaving the web to make your dream catcher look more attractive.
(Image Source: pinterest.com)
Thanks for visiting our website. Keep creating with K4craft!