Have you ever felt bored of your home but don’t want to burn a hole in your pocket? with these new trends popping up every day the best way to revamp your home without fear, is to DIY. So here are a few ideas to get those creative juices flowing.
DIY hanging flowers
Things you need
- Coloured paper
- White paper
- Take Coloured paper and cut it into Squares, take a square and fold it into a triangle and then another fold into a triangle and once more, trace a petal using a pencil and cut it out. Open it and you will get a flower.
- Take a smaller Square and repeat the process to get a smaller flower, paste the smaller flower on top of the larger flower. Make several such flowers and then taking a thread and a needle and start knotting them to make position them. Make two types of strings, one with three flowers and one with two. Make multiple strings of these two types.
- Take an A4 size paper and fold it into a straw and paste the end to fix it. Make 6 such straws and take 4 of them and arrange them in a square arrangement but pasting leaving the ends outwards and pasting them bit inside from these Ends.
- Paste another in the middle and then take the last one on the top in the opposite direction.
- Then colour these straws in the colour of the flowers.
- Start tying these to the sticks with the shorter ones with 2 flowers in the outer sides and the longer ones with 3 flowers in the middle. Your hanging flowers are ready to adore your home.
Things You Need
- Rubber ball
- Tape and Glue
- Take the rubber ball and tape one end of the rope at one side and start pasting the rope with glue around the ball leaving few gaps between each string and do this until the whole ball is covered completely.
- Then cut off the excess and start doing this process randomly in different directions to obtain more style.
- Let it dry for the rope to take the shape and then take out the air from the ball to take the ball out.
- From the side where you took the ball out put lights inside and put flowers in it to finish your beautiful DIY centrepiece.
DIY Monogram Letter
Things You Need
- Hard and Soft Cardboard
- Glue and Glue gun
- Printed letter pattern
- Fake Flowers
- Masking Tape
- Start by printing the letter you want to use on an A4 or A3 sheet. Then cut it out and trace it onto the cardboard sheet.
- Cut out the letter from the cardboard and using the soft cardboard cut a 2 inch strip to make the letter 3d. Then cut them according to the letter side and paste it.
- Now take the Flowers and glue them inside the letter using the glue gun. Paint the letter if you wish from the outside or leave it as is and you are done.
DIY Night Lamp
Things You Need
- Old Detergent Box or any Square box
- Paper Cutter
- Wire and bulb socket
- Zero-watt bulb
- Take The square box and cut off the lid and make borders around each side of 1 cm thickness from the edges. Using The paper cutter cut the middle out. Do this for all sides.
- Using the black marker cover the remaining frame obtained. Take a cardboard piece and trace the outline of the square side of the box on cardboard.
- Now Draw another outline 1 inch outside of the outline of the box and cut it out and make slits to fold and make a pedestal out of the box.
- Place it bit diagonally on the pedestal and mark the sides on the pedestal.
Take a cardboard piece and mark 3 points in 1 cm difference and fold it into a triangle and cut it. Paste it and tape it together. You will need to make four pieces and paste them on the markings you made on the pedestal. This will keep the lamp in place
- Take white paper and cut out all the sides for the frame inside to size. Take a marker and draw a pattern with a ruler. Paste the pieces in place from the inside on the frame.
- Take the bulb socket and trace the outer and inner ends of the socket. And cut the inner circle out to place the socket.
- Take the pedestal and colour it black using the marker. Pass the wire and socket through the hole and make a slit at one side for the wire to pass through.
- Using Glue gun paste the bulb socket into place and put a bulb inside. Your lamp is ready to light up your home.
DIY Candle Holder
Things You Need
- White and Green Chart paper
- Acrylic colours
- LED Candles
- Take white chart paper and draw a shape of petal, cut out 2 sizes of petals, cut 10 petals of size 8 x 2 cm and 12 petals of size 10 x 3 cm.
- Take a round cardboard of diameter 5 cm to paste the petals but before pasting them paint the petals.
- First you need to paste 6 big petals, then over them 6 more petals of the same size, after that 5 petals of the small size and 5 more over them.
- Take the green chart paper and cut it out in the shape of lotus leaf. After pasting the lotus on the leaf, Place the led candle in the middle and its done.
DIY Wall Hanging
Thing You Need
- Drinking Straws
- Spray Paint
- Cutting Knife
- Glue Gun
- Ruler, Marker
- Plates of two sizes
- Cardboard, thread
- Take a big plate and trace the outline on Cardboard, now take the small plate and trace another outline inside the one you just traced. Take scissors and cut it out
- Using the glue gun start pasting the straws along the edge of the outline inside and cover it to form rays. Now cut the straws in a smaller size and start pasting them in between.
- Spray Paint the straws and base completely.
- Now take aluminium foil sheets, draw and cut pieces of large petals around 7 inches in length.
- By placing a fabric and using a long pencil or brush crumble it without breaking and give them the shape of rose petals. Fold a round strip to form the centre of the rose. Now using the glue gun start pasting the petals around this to form a rose.
- Make about 6 small roses and a larger one for the centre, paste a small piece of foil at the back of the rose to give it height. Then paste it in the centre of the roses.
- Now flip it and paste a thread with a glue gun to hang it, to finish your wall hanging.
DIY Hot Glue Waterfall
Things you Need
- Glue Gun
- Artificial plants and flowers
- Cardboard painted with Green acrylic
- Clear Tape
- Taking the green painted cardboard start making a circle near one side using the glue gun. This will resemble water. Now when done make a stone wall at one side by gluing stones together.
- To make the falling water take clear tape and pate one side on top of the stones and one at the bottom. Start using the glue gun on the path you made by the tape. Now make a boundary in a circular shape to make it look like a pond below.
- Start pasting artificial plants and flowers around this water fall. To make it more natural paste more plants, stones and pebbles along the boundary. Your water fall is now complete.
Ombre Glitter Vase/ Candle holder
Things You Need
- Mod Podge
- Different Coloured extra fine Glitter and Silver Glitter
- Plastic cups
- Glass Tumbler
- White sheets
- Take the plastic cups and dilute Mod podge with water and mix it evenly. Apply it all over outside the tumbler to make the glitter stick.
- Start pouring silver Glitter evenly over the glass. Keep white sheet below for the falling glitter particles. Roll the glass in the fallen glitter for covering it completely and let it dry.
- For the second coat of glitter take the mod podge again and brush it but only on the lower half of the glass. Take the extra fine glitter and pour it on the glass and let it dry.
- Now for the final coat of glitter use mod podge in the lower regions but slightly below the last one to get the ombre effect and repeat the above process. Your ombre vase or candle holder is ready.
- How to Make “8 March” Handmade Paper Card – Step by step
- How to Make Handmade Paper Card – Step by step
- Cool & Delicious Birthday Party Food Ideas for Kids
- 100+ Valentine’s Day Handmade Craft Ideas
- 50+ Valentine’s Day Handmade Cards and Gift Ideas – Step by step