Drawing is an activity that all children gravitate towards from a very young age. Children are naturally curious and expressive and drawing is the perfect outlet for that. Whether it be drawing with chalk on the table or crayons on the wall, it is one of the first things children do, before they learn to read or write or even talk. It goes to show that it is something enjoyable for children but did you know that drawing plays a very important role in the overall behavioural development of children as well?
It promotes the development of fine motor skills that are crucial for the intricate movements of the wrist, hands and fingers. We use these skills in our everyday life for typing, writing, driving and even texting. Drawing provides direct visual feedback to children helping them improve their coordination and figure out the best outcome in their work.
Today we’re gonna learn how to draw a pear.
Things You’ll Need:
- Colour pencils/crayons
Step by Step Instructions
- Pears have a wider base and in order to achieve that, first, we’re going to draw an oval shape.
2. Now, starting from the edges of the oval, draw two tapering lines, moving upwards. Join these lines to form a curve at the top.
3. For the stem, we’re simply going to draw two small parallel lines at the absolute tip of the pear. Join those two lines and your pear stem is complete.
4. Now, before we move on to colouring our pear we have to erase the top line of the oval we had drawn in step 1. Blend in the edges together with your pencil to complete your pear drawing.
5. Now, once we’re done with drawing our perfect pear, let’s get to colouring! Pears can actually be found in a lot of colours such as green, red, yellow, gold and brown. But most often we encounter green pears and that’s what we’re doing today.
And there you have it, your pear drawing is complete. Did you know? Pears are rich in antioxidants and beneficial properties that play a role in reducing the risk of cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Pears are an important part of a healthy diet and are highly beneficial in the process of weight loss as well.
So, why not download the step by instructions and get your child started on their very own pear drawing, today?