DIY Drinking Straw! Use those drinking straws that are left after parties that would probably end up in storage and never be found again when you need it.
DIY Projects With Drinking Straws
1. Straw Bracelets
- Pencil sharpener
- Drinking straw
- Insert the straw and turn it in the form a long elongated patterned strip.
- Entangle the ends together to form a bracelet.
- There you have your customised bracelets for your and your friends to share and show off.
2. Earring Stand
- 2 Set square 30 degree
- Sand paper
- Acrylic color
- 8 Thumb pins
- 4 Straws
- Take the set squares and scrub a sandpaper on it to fade all the markings. Use acrylic color to paint it.
- Take 3 thumb pins and glue it at the 3 corner of the set square glue the forth one at the center of the longest side. Do the same to the second set square.
- Take 4 starws and glue each of the open end to the thumb pins of one set square and then other ends adjacently to the pins of the other square.
Hence, you have your earring stand to keep yours hoops and tasels in organised manner.
3. Pressed bracelets
- Baking paper
- Colorful straws
- Hole puncher
- Place 4-5 colorful straws close together on a baking paper.
- Place another baking paper on top of it.
- Iron the paper and move it in circular wave to press the straws
- Peel the straws from the paper and punch holes at the end of them. Insert the ribbons in the holes to tie the end together.
There you have another customised bracelet with you.
4. Disco bulb
- LED bulb
Take a straw press it using your hand and cut it into fringes but keep one end intact.
Make a whole punch of it.
Glue it on a LED bulb.
There you have your quirky looking disco giving all the spring vibes.
- Baking paper
- Iron (heated at medium temperature)
- Locket chain
- Cut some straws into small pieces.
- Place them on a baking paper and press it using a iron.
- Peel the pieces from the paper and cut in into any shape you want.
- Tie a locket in it.
There you have your heart shaped or any pop culture sign hanging on your neck.
Bendable straws (Press them with fingers before using)
- Take 3 straws and place them at 3 different direction with their bendable part joining at one point.
- Bend them at that point so that the ends are placed at another direction but make sure the straw enclosed the other two straws in it.
- Now take 3 ends and braid them together after a while a pose will be prominent.
- Cut a sliding end to 3 other straw and add it at the end of the former 3 that were used to braid so that the rose gets bigger.
- Glue the knot at the middle and cut the rest of straw.
There you have your plastic rose use it for decorsting rooms or cards or make a big bouqet for your loved ones.
Take a blue straw and using scissor cut rings in the straw make sure your don’t cut off the ring from the straw but keep it intact at one point. Cut the whole straw in the same manner.
Take another straw and cut some small fringes on one of the mouth join the former straw at top (excluding the fringes) and surround the later straw with it till the end. Glue the other end on the straw.
Take a green straw and cut in longitudinally into 4 parts resembling leaves. Run a scissor to the leaves to give it the curving effect.
Insert it at the remaining end of the straw. (of step b.)
There you have your lavender flower to decorate your rooms or use it as a book mark.
Recycle Drinking Straw – Life Hacks
- Bend a straw into a triangle with each side of 8cm. Cut off the excess part.
Cut out a cardboard into a shape of triangle of side 8cm and stick the straw formed triangle to it.
- Make another triangle by the same method and glue it in inverted manner to the triangle (of step b.) to make a star.
- Make a bunch of these triangle and glue them with changing directions alternatively.
After desired height is obtained let it dry.
Hence, you have a penstand ready for use
- Aluminium foil
- Take some straws and cut them into pieces of 8cm. Make a sliding cut in them.
- Pierce the straws at one end and insert a string in them.
- Tie a knot in the string so that the straws are held in a circular manner.
- Glue a small aluminium foil ball at the middle of it so that it all holds together.
- Glue a green straw on the aluminium foil to resemble a stem.
There you have a flower to decorate your house on birthdays and special occasions.
- Cut a cardboard into sides of 8cm.
- Cut few straw into pieces of 8cm.
- Stick two straw at 2 opposite sides of the square.
- Stick next two straw above the former straws with each of its end touching different end.
- In the same manner form a pen stand of desired height.
There you have a pen stand to keep your desk organised.
- Drinking straw
- Hot glue gun
- Thread and needle
- Flat pearl
- Gold pearl
- Craft paper
- Cut the straw into small pieces of 6-8cm.
- Use thread and needle to pierce and join the straws together at one side. Tie a loose knot using both end.
- Use thread and needle to join the other ends together. Tie a tight knot so that it starts to resemble a cone.
- Cut 3 cardboard circle with size equal to the smaller hole of the cone. Stick them together for extra strenght.
- Glue it on the hole. This will now act as the base of the basket.
- Use straw to line the base and rims of the basket.
- Take 3 straw and staple together their one end and now braid them till the end. Staple the other end too. Now staple the two ends at the sides of the basket.
- Decorate it using flat pearls and gold pearls.
Thus you have your funky straw basket to store your earphones and small objects that get lost easily.
Amazing Drinking Straw DIY Crafts
- Bendable straws
- Large straw
- Water proof glue
- Soap water or glycerine
- Take some bendable straw and cut those bending part off.
- Stick 10-12 together side to side so that it look like a bee hive.
- Glue a large straw at one end. This will work as a handle.
- Drip the apparatus in the soap water and blow on it to create bubbles.
There, you have a self made bubble blower.
- Bendable straw
- Vertically dissect half of the straw excluding the bendable part. Cut a small slit on the remaining part just before the bendable part starts. Insert the cut end into it and pull it out this will now act as a lever to move the caterpillar.
- Make thin tiny cuts all along the bendable part and cut them from in between. These resemble the legs of caterpillar.
- Use marker to draw eyes and patterns.
You’ll also like
20+ Summer Special Home Decoration Craft Ideas
- Creative Wall Hanging DIYs For Home Decor
- Easy Craft Ideas for Kids Using Paper Plates
- DIY: How To Make Paper Quilling Jewellery in Simple Steps
- Stylish Wall Hanging Art & Craft Ideas To Decorate Your Home
- Creative Egg Carton Crafts For Kids