Easy Handmade Rakhi making Ideas for Kids to make at school rakhi making competitions and at home to celebrate the festival of love and bonding between brother and sister!
Raksha Bandhan is a very special occasion that reminds us of the beautiful and lovely bond between brothers and sisters. With Raksha Bandhan around the corner, we all want to tie the best rakhis to our brothers and wish for their long life. So in the article you will learn to make some really easy rakhis that can be made at home.
Easy Handmade Rakhi Ideas for Kids
You may like: How to Make Handmade Rakhi Designs for Rakshabandhan
Satin Flower Rakhi
- Satin ribbon of different colours
- Glue, scissors and decorative articles
- Take approx 12 small cut-outs of satin strips of 10 cm each of the thin satin ribbon.
- Fold the 10cm ribbon into half and mark a center point and fold both ends towards the center and stick them as shown in the video.
- Repeat this process with all the 12 cut outs and allow them to dry.
- Now take all the ribbons and stick them in a pattern shown in the video.
- Once the flower is ready stick it over a different colour satin ribbon in the center.
- Now add diamond decorative over the flower or you can also add a single pearl in the center and your delicate flower rakhi is ready.
DIY paper rakhi
- Colourful papers, 3d glitter outliner scissor and glue.
- Satin ribbon, double tape and decoration materials.
- Cut at least 4-5 squares of different colour paper and keep them ready.
- Now take a 3d glitter outliner and draw patterns over the squares according to your choice or you can follow the steps as shown in the video.
- Allow all the cut outs to dry and now take another satin ribbon and stick one square over it as shown in the video.
- Now cut small piece of double tape and start sticking other squares in a cross pattern one above the other in colour combination pattern
- Once all the squares are in place decorate the top most square with a crystal and 3d glitter outliner and finally your paper rakhi is ready.
Quilling Rakhi making
- Quilling strips of different colours
- Quilling needle, tray and satin ribbon
- Scissor, glue and decorative articles
- Take a quilling strip and start rolling it and attach different colour strips at every interval to make the circle big and colourful.
- Make two such similar circles from quilling strips and let them dry.
- Now take any three shades of quilling strips and roll them as shown in the video.
- You will need at least 8 such tri coloured rolls , once they are ready shape them into petal shape as shown in the video.
- Now take a satin ribbon and stick the two bigger circles next to each other and then stick those petals shapes four on each side as shown in the video.
- Allow them to dry and now decorate it with small pearls if you want and your quilling rakhi is finally ready.
Easy Rakhi bracelet
- Satin ribbon, 3mm quilling strips, and needle.
- Decorative mirrors, paper, scissors and glue.
- Cut a 2 cm radius circle from the paper and keep it ready to make a base.
- Now take the quilling strips in a combination of two shades and join 8 strips together and roll them.
- Take the circle cut outs and glue them each over both the sides of the satin ribbon.
- Now stick the quilling circle over the white circle cut out as shown in the video.
- Now make small tight rolls from different colours of quilling strip and stick them around the main circle in a combination pattern.
- Once all the rolls are done, decorate the rakhi with small mirrors and diamond stickers as required, and finally the rakhi is ready!
Foam sheet Rakhi
- Foam sheet, satin ribbon
- Glue and scissors
- Cut a circle from a foam sheet with the help of design scissors
- Now cut another small circle to the previous one in the same pattern
- Take the big circle and make two cut outs by folding it into half, such that the satin ribbon can pass through it.
- Now pass the satin ribbon through the big circle and stick the small circle on the top of the big circle.
- Now stick the smallest glitter circle in the center and add some glitter around the circle as shown in the video and your rakhi is ready.
1- Foam sheet – one matt and one glitter
2- Scissors, glue and satin ribbon
- Take the matt foam sheet and draw the shape of the superman logo on it and cut it out.
- Now take the glitter foam sheet and draw the letter “S” on it as shown in the video and cut according to the instructions given in the video.
- Now stick both the matt foam and the glitter cut out together.
- Take the satin ribbon and mark the center and stick the superman logo on it.
- Now cut small stars or heart shapes and stick on the sides of the main logo.
- And finally your super hero rakhi for your super hero brother is ready!
Flower shape rakhi
- Colourful papers
- Satin ribbon, glue and scissors.
- Take one strip of 0.75*12” , second strip of 1.0*12” , and third strip of 1.5*12” for this rakhi.
- Take the strip with measurement 1.5*12” and start marking at every quarter inch and now fold it in front-back pattern.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining two strips.
- Once all the 3 strips are ready, form a circle from the big strip but flattening it and stick both the ends.
- Place the strips in order of the broadest strip at the base then the medium and the smallest.
- Stick them over a circle cut out and later one above the other and then stick the entire thing on the satin ribbon, and add a smiley face
- Cut out on the top most circle or you can also add diamonds and pearls in the center.
- Finally the flower shaped rakhi is ready.
Ninja star rakhi
- Card papers, quilling strips and quilling tool
- Scissors, glue and satin ribbon
- Decorative articles
- Take a square shaped paper and fold it into half and cut it
- Replace the second half with another colour.
- Now fold the half paper into another half breadth wise and later length wise (refer video)
- Now take one end of the paper and twist it sideways, and another end in opposite direction to the previous one.
- Fold the remaining edges inward as shown in the video forming a “s” shape.
- Repeat this with the red paper as well and now merge both the paper by folding together as shown in the video.( Please carefully watch the folding part)
- Stick the open edge, and make a tight circle from the quilling strip and stick it at the center of the star.
- Now stick the star over the satin ribbon, and finally the rakhi is ready.
So these were some rakhi designs that can be easily made at home with the help of tutorials and also they give a more personal touch to the bond you share with your brother. I hope you like them; please share your views and experiences in the comment section. Happy Raksha Bandhan in advance. You can also check out other related topics at K4 Craft. Keep smiling and creating with K4 Craft!
You’ll also like:
- DIY Stitched wood Cuff / Embroidered bracelet
- How to make a Cardboard Photo Frame (Tutorial)
- 20+ Unique & Adorable Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Easy DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas and Tutorials
- 27 Beautiful Arabic Mehndi Designs: Full Hands and Feet