Presentation is the cherry on the cake which marks one’s first impression which is a very important impact indeed. We often use envelop to gift credit to our friends and relatives on some special occasion or we even transfer letter in very special cases to our near and dear once. Birthday notes, anniversary notes, congratulation letter to your best friend need not be given in the boring regular envelops henceforth as because today we are going to learn to make some really pretty and cool envelops which can actually be use in real lives with some simple paper folding techniques. So, without any further delay lets jump into creating some interesting envelops.
How to Make Envelope – Origami for Kids
- Color paper of rectangular shape
- A glue stick
- A pair of scissors
- Take a rectangular paper of any color of your choice, hold a vertex and fold it along its opposite side thus forming a triangular fold; you will also get a rectangular strip left out, using a scissors cut out this rectangular strip.
- Open the previous fold to get a diagonal crease.
- Fold the paper along the other diagonal and press the middle part with your finger to develop a small crease.
- Hold the top vertex and fold it in such a way that its tip touches the small crease and then press the mid part with your fingers to develop another small crease.
- Now come down to the opposite vertex and fold it in such a way that its tip touches the first small crease on the paper and again press the mid part to develop another small crease.
- Again, take the very same vertex and this time fold it in such a way that its tip touches the last small crease on the paper and again press the fold to yield a triangular shape.
- Put your finger on the base of the triangle right below the top vertex of the triangle and make a thin rectangular fold, perform the same step on the other side.
- Unfold all the fold made so far and now along the previous fold use your fingers to first do the rectangular folds so that we obtain a small kite shaped fold on the top, press it firmly with your fingers.
- Fold the top flap of this kite so that the two vertices meet and unfold the same to obtain the cease.
- Now come down to the bottommost vertex and fold it in the shape of a tiny triangle.
- Again, carefully unfold all the fold made so far to obtain the crease lines.
- You will be able to see a small square crease press it along the edges to make the crease firm then carefully push back the folds as shown followed by pressing the rectangular folds to secure the edges.
- Fold the lower side of the diamond like shape as shown.
- Then making a thin strip make the fold along the whole rectangular block.
- Turn the fold made in the diamond like structure at the bottom and fold it along the thin strip fold made earlier.
- Make another thin strip on the opposite side and fold it followed by pressing.
- Again, turn the fold of the small diamond like structure to yield a perfect kite shape.
- Hold the rectangular fold on the side and unfold them carefully and turn the whole figure backwards.
- Fold the figure diagonally so that two vertices meet to develop a vertical crease.
- Now just below this diagonal crease fold the paper s shown to form a small parallel crease.
- Come down to the lower vertex and fold it in such a way so that its tip touches the small crease, unfold it and turn the whole structure backwards.
- Come to the lowermost vertex and fold it in the shape of a tiny triangle make another consecutive fold to tug it under the bow.
- Along the crease with the help of your fingers pop up the rectangular folds as shown on both the sides, as a result you will get the bow on the opposite side and the rectangular flats on the other side.
- Turn the paper so that the bow remains under and fold in the sidewise vertices so that their tips coincide with the middle crease.
- Now fold the inner corners of the bottom in a triangular fold and turn the bottom part so that the bow part comes up.
- Now fold down the upper triangular part or the cover of the envelop and fold the pointed tip backwards and then fold it inner wards.
- Using a glue secure the bottom part consisting of the bow.
- Tug in the cover of the envelop into the bow.
Your designer envelop is ready!! One thing which really needs to be taken care while doing this craft is that the fold should be made very neatly and firmly. Practice making them and soon you will master this technique of making wonderful attractive envelops.