Talking about domestic animal the first animal which comes to our mind in cow. In ancient times cows were used for various domestic purposes and even today it serves the humanity a lot, its huge in size with two horns right in the front but is a calm and composed animal. Today we will be learning to make a cow with simple paper folding and cutting techniques. All we need are some basic stationaries and a lot of creativity and a peaceful mind. So, without wasting any more time let us start our today’s craft tutorial. Let’s get started!
How to Make a Paper Cow
- White paper of dimension 8*14 cm
- White paper strips of dimension 2*30 cm
- White paper of dimension 7*7 cm
- Purple paper of dimension 3.5*7 cm
- Brown paper of dimension 3*3 cm
- White paper of dimension 2.5*4 cm
- A pair of scissors
- A glue-stick
- A pair of eye shaped bead
- A pencil
- A black marker
- Take a white sheet of paper of dimension 8*14 cm, fold it into half vertically and then with the help of a black marker draw a U-shaped structure as shown.
- With the help of a pair of scissors cut it out along the outline to yield the two pair of legs of the cow, now using a metal ruler fold the front edges of the cow’s feet.
- Use a thick pointed black marker and draw and color the black spots as it used to be in a cow’s body in both the pair of the legs.
- Take two white paper strips of dimension 2*30 cm apply glue on the tip of one and stick the other strip and fold it one after another in a crisscross pattern to form the desired design and then again secure the ends with glue.
- Using a glue-stick paste this spring like structure to the previously painted pair of legs of the cow.
- Take a tiny bit of paper and draw and color the end bushy part of the cow’s tail and cut it out using a pair of scissors.
- Now cut out a very thin strip of white paper and then stick the black part on it and the stick the whole tail to the back portion of the cow’s body.
- Take a white paper of dimension 7*7 cm and draw a basic cow’s face on it with the help of a black marker as shown and then cut it out using a pair of scissors.
- Take a purple paper of dimension 3.5*7 cm and cut out the oval kind of mouth structure of the cow using a pencil and then cut it out using a pair of scissors and paste it using a glue-stick.
- Using a black marker define the ears and make some more black spots on the face of the cow and also define the nose and mouth.
- Now, using a glue-stick paste the eye shaped beads in place.
- Take a brown paper of dimension 3*3 cm fold it into half, draw a horn with a black marker and cut it out using a pair of scissors to yield two horns now, using a glue stick paste them in the cow’s head.
- Take a white bit of paper of dimension 2.5*4 cm and fold it into a zig-zag pattern and then paste the cow’s head on this and then this entire thing to the cow’s body.
Your amazing popping cow is ready! You can even experiment with brown and black cows and also can Improvise the patterns with paint and even other decorative which you like. Paper crafts engage children in a very good way the only thing to be taken care of is that they use the pair of scissors with safety. Create your own paper cow right now, you can even use the same to decorate your craft book or any part of your room. So, hurry up and try your hands on them.