The funky attire with the punch of multicolor never fails to attract children also their activities and shows adds on like a cherry on the top. It’s thrilling even to think about them. Today let us recreate those funky clowns with an interesting body and unique pair of eyes with paper folding and paper cutting techniques. All you need are some basic stationaries and your magical hands along with some patience and you will be creating your own polar bear. So, without any further delay let’s get started!
How to Make a Paper Clowns
- Multi-colored paper strips of dimension 1.5*30 cm
- Sea-green colored paper of dimension 9*11 cm
- Pink color paper of dimension 10*10 cm
- Crème color paper of dimension 4*5 cm
- Yellow color paper
- Two light yellow color paper strips of dimension 1*30 cm
- Light yellow color paper strip of dimension 1.5*10 cm
- A white color papers
- A pair of scissors
- A glue-stick
- A black marker
- Water color pens
- Take five multi-colored paper strips of dimension 2*30 cm and fold it from the middle horizontally to develop a crease in all the strips.
- Glue the crease of one strip and paste the other crease, similarly paste all the strips along the crease.
- This will yield a star like skeleton, now glue all the tips, now fold the strips upwards as shown and paste one after the other to create a ball like structure.
- Take a sea-green colored paper of dimension 9*11 cm and draw a shoe like structure, using a pair of scissors cut it along the outline to yield a pair of shoe structure.
- Using a white marker draw fine detailing on the shoe and using a glue-stick paste it to the circular clown body previously created.
- Take a pink color paper of dimension 10*10 cm fold it into half vertically and draw a hand like structure, using a pair of scissors cut it along the outline to yield a pair of shoe structure.
- Take a crème color paper of dimension 4* 5 cm fold it into half vertically and draw a palm like structure, using a pair of scissors cut it along the outline to yield a pair of shoe structure.
- Now paste these palms on the two arms respectively using a glue-stick.
- Now using a glue-stick paste the arms at the top of the circular clown body previously created.
- Cut out a circle of diameter 6 cm using a yellow-colored paper and stick it above the arms.
- Take two light yellow paper strips of dimension 1*30 cm apply glue on the tip of one and stick the other strip and fold it one after another in a crisscross pattern to form the desired design and then again secure the ends with glue.
- Take a light-yellow color paper strip of dimension 1.5*10 cm with the help of a ruler fold it and form a triangular shape secure the ends with glue.
- Paste the triangular framework on the top of the spring like structure created and paste the whole thing on the yellow circle using a glue-stick.
- Take a white sheet of paper and draw a cute clown fac as shown and color it out attractively with water color pens, cut it out using a pair of scissors and paste it on the triangular framework with a glue-stick.
Your amazing popping clown is ready! You can even experiment with various color papers and also can Improvise the patterns with paint and even other decorative which you like. You can also experiment with the detailing of the clown’s face. Paper crafts engage children in a very good way the only thing to be taken care of is that they use the pair of scissors with safety. Create your own paper clown right now, you can even use the same to decorate your craft book or any part of your room. So, hurry up and try your hands on them.