Paper crafts have always bagged the chance to excite kids, especially moving toys with paper stands out of all other crafts as they are easy to make as well as excite the kids a lot. Caterpillars are always identified for their crazy movement. Today we will learn how to make a moving crazy caterpillar, without any more delay grab your stationary and follow this tutorial till the very end to make your own funky caterpillar. Let’s get started!
How to Make a Paper Caterpillar – Moving Toys for Kids
- 6 strips of dark green colored paper of dimension 3*15 cm.
- 5 strips of light green colored paper of dimension 3*15 cm.
- A black marker
- A glue stick
- Eye shaped beads
- Take a strip of dark green colored paper, fold it in a circular fold and secure the ends using a glue stick.
- Now take a light green colored strip pass it through the dark green colored ring fold it in a similar circular fold and secure the ends using a glue stick.
- Follow the same steps with alternative colored paper strip with all the 11 strips of colored paper to form a chain shape.
- Now take a dark green colored piece of paper of dimension 8*9 cm, now using a black marker draw a facial structure and cut it using a pair of scissors.
- Now take a small piece of red colored paper of dimension 2*4 cm draw a mouth with a black marker and using a pair of scissors cut it out and using a glue stick paste the mouth.
- Now using a glue stick paste the two eye shaped beads on the face of the caterpillar.
- Now take a thin strip of dark green colored paper of dimension 1.5*15 cm fold it into half and using a black marker draw an antenna and now using a pair of scissors cut it out to yield two antennas and paste them at the top of the face using a glue stick.
- Now paste the face using a glue stick to the previously created chain body.
Your moving caterpillar is ready!! You can even experiment with other shades of green, yellow or brown to give a more realistic effect. Even kids can try on their hands on this craft and they will surely succeed in doing the same following the detailed step by step tutorial. You can further use bright paints and other decorative such as glitters, stones or other quirky stationaries available. Kids can use these to play or even exhibit in art exhibition or even use to decorate your room or use in any project work. Keep on practicing and experimenting with craft and enjoy.