We can make almost from cardboard with our imagination. That is the reason cardboard craft ideas are liked by all of us. Here are few tips by which you can use your old cardboard that end up in store rooms only to collect dust.
Pencil Holder – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Acrylic Paint
- Card Stock
- Cut the corrugates cardboard into two rectangles each of dimension 30*12 cm.
- Cut a snip of 10 cm at the middle of those cardboards and color them with desired colors.
- Fit them together to make a resemblance to a “+” sign
- Glue it to a corrugated cardboard circle of diameter 12 cm.
- Surround the circular base with a decorated cardstock having the breadth of 12-15 cm. (Average height of pens and sketch pens)
- Glue (hot glue preferred) all things together.
Your pen stand with different compartment for better organization is completed and ready use.
Portable Art box – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- 2 Old juice or mild carton
- Origami paper
- Glue Stick
- Thick rubber bank strip ( You can get them from old scrunchie or Track pants)
- Magnetic Tape
- Sticky notes
- Rubber bands
- Cut less than half portion off the carton including the cap of it.
- Cut the left carton from the edges to the base till it resembles a “+” sign.
- Make another one just like the above. Stick origami paper on it and decorate it as you like.
- Glue them together so that it resembles an “*” sign.
- Hot glue the ends rubber bank strip at the upper part of the boards.
- Stick some sticky notes on it.
- Decorate the top that you cut earlier and place it over the lower part of carton to keep it from opening.
Your handy art box is completed and ready to be handle glues, highlighters, scissors etc.
Economical Projector – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Cardboard Shoebox (Make sure the width of the shoebox is not smaller than phone.)
- Magnifying glass
- Hot glue
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Cut a hole equal of the size of lens of magnifying glass at the smaller side of the shoe box.
- Take out the lens from the magnifying glass and stick it inside using hot glue.
- Cut a triangular strip from a corrugated cardboard with length slightly larger than the width of the box. Fold it from the middle and cut off thin strips from 7cms away from middle from both sides.
- Adjust it in the box so that it fits and place your phone in it.
- Place it where the reflection land on a smooth screen.
Your projector is ready to use.
Gaming Handle – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Corrugated cardboard
- Hot glue
- Medium or large Screw
- Cut 5 cardboards into rectangles of dimension 30cm * 25cm and curve out the edges and cut out the ends for easier grip.
- Glue 2 cardboards together.
- Cut out the middle part of the rest 3 so that the phone fit in it.
- Glue all the 5 together.
- Cut 2 cardboard into rectangles of dimension 14 cm*7cm. Glue them together.
- Cut 2 cardboards into squares of 7cm. Glue them together.
- Place the square cardboard at the middle of the rectangular one so that a triangle is formed. Thus, your stand is made.
- Punch a hole at the top of the rectangular block.
- Glue a screw at the middle of the board and fit it in the hole.
Your gaming handle is ready to give you a enhanced effect while racing.
Cardboard Tents – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Old big cardboard cartons (in which fridges, television, coolers are packed)
- Decorative ribbons
- Cut of one edge of the carton.
- To the open end add another cardboard of same size.
- Stick the other end of the cardboard to the other open end of the carton so that a pentagon is formed.
- Decorate it with ribbons and spread some blankets on it.
Hence, your tend is ready for your child to play with.
Music Amplifier – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Cardboard Roll (the skeleton of your aluminum roll, tissue roll, toilet paper)
- Two Styrofoam cups
- Cut the middle part of the roll exactly to the size of the thickness of your phone.
- Cut holes in the Cup equal to the diameter of the cardboard roll.
- Fit the Roll in between the cups, insert the phone in the slit made before.
Hence, your low maintenance amplifier is ready to hold get-together.
Table Football Game – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Old cardboard shoebox
- Wooden chopstick(make sure the sticks size are longer than the width of the shoe box.)
- 10 Clothes clippers
- 18 Thermocol ball
- Ping pong balls
- Green color paper
- Cut a square at both ends of the shoe box and punch four holes at regular interval on the upper area of the box.
- Draw the goal posts on the green paper and stick it at the bottom of the shoe box.
Stick the thermocol ball on the clippers and decorate them as player, do the same with the rest 9.
- Stick them on the wooden chopsticks.
- Fit them in the holes and stick thermocol ball at the end of the sticks so that they don’t fall off and act as handles.
- Use the ping pong ball as the football.
Hence, a football indoor game is ready to be played when its raining outside.
Teach Numbers To Your Kids – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Old cardboard cartons
- Colored chart papers
- Pen knife
- Cardstock paper
- Cover the carton with chart paper.
- Outline Numbers on the cardstock paper. Make sure you make two copy of each number.
- Decorate if desire.
- Stick the first set of alphabets equally spaced on one side of the carton.
- Cut small slits below each number using the pen knife.
- Stick the other set of straws.
Hence, your little board game is ready where your child fill the slits according to the alphabets they see above it.
Book Markers – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Pen knife
- Colored paper
- Outline on the cardboard any animal you want. (Make sure you make limbs)
- Stick color paper on the other size of the cardboard.
- Cut out the outline and make cuts at the limbs so that it can clip papers on it.
- Decorate it with marker.
Hence, your bookmarker is ready to mark two books at the same time.
Labyrinth Game – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Marble( diameter= 0.6 cm)
- Spring (From those retractable pen or pencil.)
- Cut 2 cardboard strip of dimension: 1cm*2cm.
- Cut 1 cardboard strip of dimension: 3cm*2cm, 2.6cm*1cm, 1.8cm*1cm.
- Make a open box using the 3cm*2cm as the base, 1cm*2cm at the sides, The rest on the either side that are left. (notice the small hole made) Stick them with glue.
- Make a hole at the 1cm*2cm side of the box and stick a wooden stick on it.
- Cut 4 cardboard strips of dimension 2cm*8cm and stick them using glue to make them look like thick block.
- Fit the spring around the wooden stick.
- Stick the box (open side facing upward) on the block made earlier.
- Cut a 2 cm wide strip, punch a hole at the middle of it and fit it so that the wooden stick gets into the hole and made the point where the strip create gentle tension on the spring and stick the strip there.
- Cut the wooden stick extending 1cm apart from the hole and place a small bead at the end of it.
- Cut 2 rectangular strips of dimension 5*3m. Make a square at one strip 1cm away from the edge of dimension0.7cm*1.2cm starting right from the top. Stick the strip on the either side of block already made so that the small square of the box coincide with the square of the rectangular strip. Here you observe the mechanism that when the box is pressed toward the direction of spring the ball escapes through the square made.
- Place a strip to close the side where the small bead is visible.
- Repeat the process(step a.-k.) to make another similar apparatus.
- Cut out cardboard made rectangular strip of dimension 8cm*17cm and thickness 2cm.
- Stick the two apparatus at the end of the rectangular strip(step m.) so that the box are placed diagonally.
- Cut out two rectangular strip from cardboard of dimension 2cm*17cm, thickness 2cm. Cut off a small rectangle from the strips, 0.7cm away from the sides having dimension 3cm*1.5cm.
- Stick the strips (made at step o.) at the sides of the apparatus already made so that the holes made are places at the side of the open box.
- Cut out two cardboard strips of dimension 6cm*8cm. With a square cut off from the strip at 1cm away from the sides, of dimension 2cm*5cm. Cover the hole with a transparent paper.
- Stick the strips above the block (made through step a.-l.) using glue. Make sure the transparent paper is placed above the small open box
- Press the box from the size to open the hole present beside it and insert balls of 0.6 cm in it. Release to close it again.
- Cut one strip of cardboard of dimension 12cm*8cm, two cardboard strip of 12cm*0.8cm and two other of dimension 7.4*0.8cm. Glue all the 5 strips together to form a cube with one side open. Turn the cube around and paint the 12cm*8cm strip with any color desired.
- Cut some ice cream sticks into half and use them as skeleton to make your maze. Stick them on the colored area(of step s.)
- Create random holes in the labyrinth made using pencil. (Make sure you don’t block all the ways)
- Fit the labyrinth in the space between the apparatuses.
Hence your labyrinth is made to be played. Where the two small boxes are starting and finishing point. You can take out the labyrinth and rotate it to the other side to begin a new game. The ball lost in the holes can be retrieved by picking up the labyrinth.
Coin Bank Box – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Corrugated cardboard strips
- Pen knife
- Cut six strips from cardboard each of dimension of 8cm*7cm.
- From one of the strip cut off smaller strips of dimension 7cm*5cm with 7cm side 1cm away from the edge and 5cm side 1cm away from the edge.(It is to be noted the other 7cm side touches the margin of the strip.
- Cut out from another strip an incomplete square of dimension 6cm*4cm i.e 4cm from booth side and 6cm from one side(1cm away from edge). Bend down the incomplete strip so that a flap is created.
- Cut off from three other strip square of dimension 3cm*3cm, with one side 2cm away from the edge and adjacent side 2.5cm away from the edge. Stick these three together.
On the block (made in step d) sick the rectangular strip (made in step c). Make sure the flat remains glue-free. You will notice the flap opens at opposite side from the hole.
- Cut 2 cardboard strip of dimension 9cm*8cm. Make a rectangular box using glue with these strips and the left two strip of dimension 8cm*7cm.
- Fit the apparatus(made in step e) in the box (made in step f). make sure the flap is facing upward. Stick the strip (made in step b)just above the strip having the flap. Turn the whole thing upside down now. You will notice you have a small drawer now. Where if you insert the coin in the 3cm*3cm hole it falls down when the drawer is closed.
- Close one of the side using cardboard of dimension 8cm*7cm. and the lower part of the other side excluding the drawer (dimension depend on thickness of drawer). You can also add a strip on the drawer to hide the different layers.
- Paint it as you like it.
Now your coin bank is ready to store all your coins.
Fidget Spinner – Cardboard Craft Ideas
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Hot glue
- Pen knife
- Take a corrugated cardboard and outline a coin on it. Outline 3 other coin. Each coin’s one point touching the middle coin. Join the sides so that it look like a spinner. Cut out the image formed.
- Repeat the process to make another one.
- Stick 1 coins each at the 3 flaps of the spinner and cover it with the other cut out.
- Cover the layers using a small vertical satrip of card stock around the edge of the spinner.
- Make a hole at the center of the spinner using a toothpick.
- Cut out two coin-shaped cardboard with holes at the center. Stick them at the center so that the three holes coincide. Insert a toothpick in it and cut the excess. Glue the sides to make to smooth and cover with brown paper.
- Decorate it as you like it.
Hence, your spinner is ready without costing you a penny.
Cardboard Photo Frame
Frames for pictures, you can make your own cardboard photo frame. And its very easy to make. Below is the simplest version of such frames. You can further decorate it to your taste, add to it the flowers of paper, fabric flowers, fragments of sculpture, beads with rhinestones.
You’ll also like
- 25+ DIY: Creative Ways to Use Chalkboard Paint Projects
- DIY : Amazing Popsicle Stick Decoration Ideas
- DIY : Christmas Decoration With Paper Crafting Ornaments (Tutorial)
- DIY : Christmas / New Year Candle Holder Decoration
- Easy Origami Yamaguchi Dahlia Flower Tutorial